Tuesday, September 1, 2009

NEW BEGINNINGS! Birthday and beginning of Fall

This past week has been enthralling.....my birthday on August 24 was spent with friends and family and the celebration was truly eventful and filled with glorious food - a multisensory celebration for sure! Dinners, brunches, golf outings, tennis, buffet dinner at my friend's club and more dining ...... my birthday dinner with my daughter at Per Se, "Burn the Floor" broadway musical which was wonderful and yet another dinner ..the next night at Nobu! So a complete week with lots of dining and now whining (about all the weight gain)! It was a real celebration as this was the farewell week for my daughter who is now off to Spain for her junior year abroad and to continue her studies in International Relations and Government and Politics. The best part of all was that while we were in the throes of all the birthday festivities and packing, she reminded me that we had still not made up the custom perfume she had selected two weeks previously. So, on Saturday night, in the wee hours of the morning, I took out my perfume oils and the beautiful gold diamante atomizer she wanted and I began to decant her perfume oils for her. She chose a combination of fresh citrus and ozonic notes and combined it with a gentle floral and musk and then added a hint of sweet green notes and gourmand balsamic blend - truly delicious, uplifting, sweet and filled with sensuality and character - just like her!

Then off to the airport we went - her to Madrid via Copenhagen (and she made her flight) and me to Miami for meetings at the Fontainebleau hotel and then to an Environmental Scenting company for more meetings about scent-branding. Great response to all our initiatives - custom perfumery and environmental scenting! I am so thankful that I found the fragrance industry and it found me....I am passionate about making the world smell divine.

Check out the two latest articles about our Custom Perfumery -

www.americanspa-digital.com/americanspa/200909/

scroll to page 62 - "Making Scents" thank you Julie


http://www.splendicity.com/articles/fall-beauty-events/ - thank you Michelle!

Happy fall - make it fragrant and fruitful!

Scentfully
SUE

No comments:

Post a Comment